The Canadian Feminist Alliance for International Action (FAFIA) is an alliance of organizations and individuals from every province, territory and region of Canada.1 FAFIA’s mandate is to further women’s equality in Canada through domestic implementation of its’ international human rights commitments.
FAFIA’s goals are to:
- make links between international instruments and agreements and domestic policy-making;
- provide education and information regarding Canada’s human rights obligations and compliance with them to Canadian women’s organizations, women and other members of the public
- support the capacity of women’s organizations to work at the international level; and
- hold Canadian governments accountable to the commitments to women that they have made under international human rights treaties and agreements, including the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the Beijing Platform for Action (PFA).
FAFIA provides organizations and individuals with:
- opportunities to connect and strategize;
- relevant updates and training; and
- opportunities to participate in successful campaigns to further women’s equality in Canada.
1 A number of committed individuals also participate in the coalition.