What does it mean to be Equal?
- To better understand what it means to achieve substantive equality
- To better understand what creates inequality
Questions for Discussion:
- 1. Are there examples from your experience where there was ‘food on the table’ but not everyone could get to the table? What stopped people from being able to get to the table?
- 2. In the examples discussed above, what people or organizations are in a position to make the changes necessary to create equality?
- 3. Does the presence of formal equality pave the way for substantive equality? Does it create challenges to achieving substantive equality?