The Canadian Feminist Alliance for International Action (FAFIA) is currently hiring a Project Director (Ontario – Ottawa Area) for a three-year full-time contract to implement a project to:
(1) increase the knowledge of women, and women’s rights/equality-seeking organizations, about women’s human rights, international and regional human rights instruments that guarantee those rights, and mechanisms for enforcing them; and
(2) to assist them to integrate human rights standards and recommendations from international and regional human rights bodies into their work in Canada.
Experience with feminist/human rights issues
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest, human rights, and feminist issues
- Working knowledge of international human rights treaties’ reporting mechanisms and other international and regional mechanisms
- Experience with conducting intersectional feminist analysis
Leadership & Partnerships
- Ability to design strategies, and work creatively to use human rights mechanisms and fora to advance women’s human rights
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, members, groups, funders and partners, volunteers, and community groups
- Ability to mentor and support the capacity of FAFIA members and partners to meaningfully participate in rights implementation
- Experience representing an organization’s interests to other rights organizations, media, government, and the public
- Experience working within a collaborative framework (for example, with coalitions, advisory boards, and multiple stakeholders) including organizing and leading discussion in workshops and webinars
Management & Financial Experience
- Experience in the management or coordination of a non-profit organization, non-governmental organization, or charity, and experience with financial/budgetary management, ideally with a social justice background
- Grant/proposal/report writing experience
- Excellent organizational skills including time management, prioritization, independent worker, action plan development, goal setting and monitoring, decision making, progress reporting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, written and social media) skills, including cross-cultural skills, fluency in English is required, fluency in French is an asset
- Strong skills using programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Twitter, Facebook, WebEx or other web-based communication platforms an asset
- Experience in accessible and inclusive communication is an asset
- Travel flexibility required; ability to obtain a valid passport required
This position is a full-time three-year contract. A competitive salary and benefits package, appropriately related to experience will be offered. Please send a letter of interest (that specifically addresses how your skills and experience meet the qualifications section above) and cv to the attention of the hiring committee at email@example.com before 4pm on January 13th, 2019. Please ensure you put “Project Director” in the subject line of the email. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Indigenous women, racialized women, women with disabilities, women from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or women with intersecting oppressions are strongly encouraged to apply.