On December 8th, 2021 The Canadian Feminist Alliance for International Action (FAFIA) organized a webinar on the financialization of housing in collaboration with the Shift, the National Right to Housing Network, the National Women’s Housing and Homelessness Network and The Canadian Observatory on Homelessness.
If you missed out or couldn’t attend some portions, you can find the recorded video of our webinar below. If you would like to access the recorded French interpretation, please click here. We have also included the event transcripts here.
In addition, we have compiled a list of resources that further explores the right to housing and the impacts of financialization on women and gender-diverse people. We hope these resources will support your further learning and contribute to any advocacy efforts you may engage in. As the panelists reminded us during the webinar, addressing the housing crisis will require building an intersectional housing justice movement, of which we can all play a role.
- The Financialization of Canadian Multi-Family Rental Housing: From Trailer to Tower
- Implementation of the Right to Housing for Women, Girls and Gender Diverse People in Canada
- The Right to Housing in Canada, Backgrounder and Fact Sheet
- Implementing the Right to Housing in Canada: Expanding the National Housing Strategy
- A Rights-Based, GBA+ Analysis of the National Housing Strategy
- The Pan-Canadian Women’s Housing and Homelessness Survey
- Pan-Canadian Voices for Women’s Housing, Progress on 2018 Six Calls to Action
- Guidelines for the Implementation of the Right to Adequate Housing
- Rein in the REITS, Acorn Housing Tenant Union
We welcome any feedback about the webinar, as this will help us in improving our future events. You can be reach us by email at: [email protected]